About this page
This page describes significant changes introduced in each release version of Wylde Flowers. You might find this useful if you are looking for a fix for a particular issue.
Versions are listed in reverse-chronological order (latest release first). New updates may take a few hours to appear on your App Store. You can check the current version of your game in the Settings menu.
Please be aware they may be spoilers in this content!
Released: May 26, 2023
- Animal Growth Booster and Mistletoe can now be purchased in year 2 without having completed “A Fab-Yule-Ous Winter Ritual”.
- “A Fab-Yule-Ous Winter Ritual” can be completed in any Winter in year 2 or later, instead of only during the second winter feast.
- “Good Duck With That” and “Fountain Of Youths” quests can now start in any season, instead of limited to Fall and Winter, respectively.
- Updated descriptions of magical animal items to make it clearer which type of animal produces them (English only).
- We've tweaked the default selection of crafting and cooking ingredients to work better when using up the last of your ingredients.
- You can now craft build multiple crystal balls and writing desks for your sanctum.
- Feedy will stop work if unable to feed a pregnant animal.
- Fixed animal gifting button not working when the language is set to Turkish.
- Fixed a crash when pressing the “Share Photo” button on iPad.
- Fixed ducks and chickens sometimes stuck not animating.
1.5: Fabulous Farming
Released: April 28, 2023
Welcome to our Fabulous Farming Update!
- Visit Marty to get adorable new animals to your farm! There are ducks, pigs and even alpacas!
- Build a propagation shed and upgrade your farm buildings! A bigger and better toolshed, coop, barn and greenhouse await you!
- Guide your animals through pregnancy, and feed them their favourite foods to make them sparkle!
- Play now to see what else is new!
Need the details?
- A Giant Tool Shed can now be built from Parker's workshop any time after the first Tool Shed upgrade.
- A Spacious Greenhouse can be built from Parker's workshop after the first Greenhouse has been built.
- An Expanded Coop can be built once “The Menagerie Mix-Up” quest (which will start after Marty's epilogue in Year 2) is complete. This larger coop can house ducks as well as chickens, allows up to 10 animals in total to be kept, and includes an incubator that can be used to hatch eggs.
- A Huge Barn can be built once “The Menagerie Mix-Up” quest is complete. This larger barn can accomodate up to 10 animals, and includes a birthing stall for hosting pregnant barn animals. For adorable baby animals, purchase Fertility Potions from Aryel. Animals will need to be hand-fed for each day of their pregnancy, even if you've built the Hay Field.
- A Feed Mill can be built in your Tool Shed after “The Menagerie Mix-Up” quest is complete, allowing you to craft your own Poultry Feed.
- Baby ducks, pigs and alpacas can be purchased from Marty's ranch after “The Menagerie Mix-Up” quest is complete. Pigs will sometimes find a Truffle for you, and Alpacas are an excellent source of quality Wool.
- Animals can now be gifted fruit and vegetables, and each animal will have an individual favourite food that you can discover. There are some surprises to discover when animals get to eat their favorite foods!
- A Propagation Shed can be built from Parker's workshop shortly after Lina and Parker's epilogue in Year 2. (Lina will let you know when this is possible during one of her work days).
- Partake in a Harvest Festival and coven ritual in Fall of Year 2 or later, and a second Winter Feast with a magical fireworks display.
- A Candy Machine can be built in your Tool Shed if you speak to Zephyr during the Harvest Festival preparations.
- The Enhanced Scrying Potion can be used to immediately teleport yourself to another character's location.
- Animal Growth Booster can be fed to your farm animals to give them a quick growth spurt, or to hurry along a pregnancy.
- You may finally learn the Anti-Shapeshifting Spell, allowing you to return to human form during the day.
- Your best friends and most beloved animals may join in on your photo shoots.
We've also fixed a few bugs! Including:
- Lina's friendship milestones can now be attained if they weren't completed during Year 1.
- The “People Pleaser” achievement will be correctly awarded.
- Wellspring season requests can be fulfilled using a mixture of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes.
- Westley no longer giggles in Tara's voice.
1.4: Violet's Boutique
Released: February 24, 2023
Welcome to the grand opening of Violet’s Boutique!
- Help Violet open her dream boutique
- Craft new outfits for Tara
- Capture your life in Fairhaven with our new Photo Mode!
- And more!
Need the details?
- Any time after completing the “Out of Whole Cloth” quest (where you learn to make cloth in the first Summer), you can help Violet start her new clothing business. You can purchase outfit designs from her, craft outfits at your sewing machine, and then either wear them or sell them back to Violet, unlocking additional outfit designs.
- Once Violet's Boutique has been created, you can change your outfit from the inventory menu at any time, including select accessories (bracelet, earrings, necklace and rings).
- A tanning rack can been added to the toolshed (available once Violet's Boutique is built), allowing animal hide to be turned into leather, mushrooms into mushroom leather, and fish into fish leather. Animal hide will sometimes be provided by Kim when selling a cow or sheep. Leather and mushroom leather can also be purchased from Kai. Tanning solution can be crafted at a distillery.
- A new “Photo Mode” can be accessed from the inventory which lets you take pictures of Tara showing off her new outfits. These photos can be saved to your device or shared on social media. Unfortunately Photo Mode is not available on Apple TV.
- A hummingbird feeder can be built in either garden plot once the “A Good Habit-at” quest is complete. This feeder is purely decorative.
- The Minor Animal Blessing incantation can be used on any animal to increase their relationship level significantly. This incantation is awarded after completing the “Herd A Rumor” quest.
- Olive tree seedlings can be purcahsed from Kai and planted in a garden bed.
- Additional dye and cloth colors black, green, orange and yellow have been added.
- Additional quests take place during Summer of year 2 (or any later year).
Need some help with this update? Check our Update FAQ.
Released: December 29, 2023 (Steam) / January 4, 2023 (Apple Arcade) / January 10, 2023 (Nintendo Switch)
- Missing crafting prices have been restored.
- Angus' wedding cake is no longer stuck in the fridge.
- “No Stone Unturned” starts later, when players have access to the required materials.
- Mysterious numbers no longer show up when Parker gives Tara the Greenhouse recipe.
- Some spoilers by certain coven members have been covered up.
- Otto will not run out of things to say during Fall.
- Some Wellspring requests have been adjusted to be more achievable.
- Echo blossoms no longer continually reappear in the Gloaming.
- Improved stability on Apple TV and iPad.
1.3: Endless Seasons and Romance
Released: December 23, 2022
Welcome to our Endless Seasons & Romance Update!
- Pop back into Fairhaven as the town gets ready for their Spring Fling!
- Advance your training with the coven and take over as Keeper of the Wheel, with the power and responsibility to change the seasons at will!
- Married someone from Fairhaven or Ravenwood? Expect more spouse dialogue and romantic dates!
Need the details?
- All characters have a lot more dialogue in year 2 and following the post-credits sequences.
- Tara's spouse may surprise her with a gift from time to time, or offer to help out around the farm.
- There's an additional “affection” interaction on spouses, for a once-per-day relationship boost (but you can be as affectionate as many times a day as you like!)
- Several date opportunites become available for spouses once their relationship meter is refilled. More date locations unlock as you complete each date. Not all date locations will be available at all times, or for all characters.
- If Tara has previously broken up with someone, or rejected their initial romantic overture, she now has the option to rekindle their chance at romance with them, by gifting them a bouquet of flowers.
- Once the “Un-Love Potion #9” quest has been completed, Tara can drink an Ardour-Cooling potion to immediately have the option to break up with a partner.
- Once the “No Stone Unturned” quest has been completed, some of the ancient goblin machinery in the mines can be repaired, allowing gems to be located in certain levels once per day (at a small cost!).
- Once the “Seasons Greetings” quest has been completed, an additional interaction becomes available on the Wellspring, which allows Tara to perform further season change rituals once all the requirements for the season have been completed.
Need some help with this update? Check our Update FAQ.
Released: September 20, 2022
We're celebrating the release of Wylde Flowers on Nintendo Switch and Steam with some features and improvements that have been much-requested by our Apple Arcade players!
- Wedding couples get dressed up for their special day.
- In build mode, you can now move objects between the two garden plots.
- If you're buying, selling or crafting lots of items at a time, there are additional arrows added for selecting higher quantities much faster.
- Marty will sell you another animal, or animal feed, immediately after you purchase an animal, instead of having to wait for him to return to his ranch.
- If you're playing with a game controller or keyboard, we've improved various aspects of the UI, including adding item descriptions and making it easier to select which object to interact with. You can look around the world a little by nudging the right thumbstick.
- Improved inventory item sorting to group related items together.
- The gifting menu will remind you of a character's favorite foods you've already discovered.
- The shop and inventory menus have indicators for when an item is out of season.
- On Mac and PC: settings to change the game resolution, play in windowed mode, switch between monitors, and change antialiasing.
We also have a few bug fixes and tweaks rolling out:
- Our artists have added seasonal flowers and general beautification to all of the scenes, added seasonal changes to the trees and bushes, and improved the time-of-day lighting.
- Background music now changes with the season.
- Improved animation while running around corners, and a few new unique character walk and idle animations.
- Tara can no longer eat raw pizza dough.
- Achievements are no longer reset if you press “Cancel” on the confirmation dialog.
- Kai's stall will stock black tea seeds out of season once the greenhouse is built.
- Various fixes for achievements not being granted correctly.
- Various fixes for characters leaving their workplaces before the end of their workday.
- Pricing of sugar and lemonade have been updated to meet current market conditions.
- Many fixes for characters delivering lines of dialogue that were out of context for the part of the game you are up to.
- Fish sticks can be optionally embargoed from the settings menu, for players with insufficient self-control.
Released: April 29, 2022
You'll see characters performing some new activities around town from time to time, and showing off even more of their personality with unique walk animations. We've also been working hard to fix thousands of bugs, glitches and spoilers that our fans have discovered. Many thanks to everyone on Reddit, Discord and the socials who have helped us identify problems and improve the game! Here are just the most significant gameplay changes that have been introduced in this version:
Save Games and iCloud
- Fixed loading backups of save games that are in conflict.
- Whirligigs have been tuned and improved, and “Take All” / “Give All” buttons have been added.
- Recipes can now be discovered in bottles while fishing, instead of when catching certain fish.
- Black Tea can be purchased out of season when the greenhouse is built.
- Removed Gloria from the Crystal Ball.
- Sheep sale prices have been adjusted.
- The Scrying Bowl can now find characters in Ravenwood Hollow.
- Damon will make good on his business proposition when the “Only Have Fries For You” task is completed.
- Flounder may be sold to Bruno.
- Fixed fish disappearing offscreen while fishing and not returning.
- Fixed new fish discoveries not being added to the codex when fishing in cat form.
- Fixed some issues causing some recipes to not be discoverable for some players, and some recipes being uncraftable after being discovered.
- Fixed noticeboards sometimes giving out multiple tasks for the same character.
- Fixed the Storm incantation using up two incantations at a time.
- Fixed farm construction tasks being cancelled when completing the Mine, Ranch or Mountain Bridge.
- Fixed floating debris sometimes appearing on the farm.
- Fixed an issue where players sometimes had duplicate items in their inventory, and were unable to sell them.
- Fixed the magic beanstalk wilting.
- Fixed the relationship milestone achievements not being granted for all characters.
- Fixed an issue where “Water Under the Bridge” would not start if “This Party is Lit” was not completed in time.
- The lemonade stand is open all day on weekends.
- Fixed Parker's door which was stuck open for some players.
Relationships and Romance
- Fixed Parker's “Casual Friend” cutscene not playing correctly if some debris is in the path.
- Fixed Thomas not going to work when his relationship milestone is ready.
- Angus' “Best Friend” milestone can now be achieved after his wedding.
- Violet's “Casual Friend” milestone can now be achieved after the game is complete.
- Fixed characters prompting to break up despite the player interacting with them recently.
- The wedding ring mold must be repurchased for each wedding.
- Fixed fullscreen resolution on external displays.
- Mouse cursor hides when not in use.
- Fixed directional buttons not working with 2nd generation Siri remote on tvOS 15.
Released: March 22, 2022
- Players whose weddings were unceremoniously cancelled when they upgraded to 1.0.5 will now once again be walking down the aisle in 7 days!
Released: March 15, 2022
- Added support for Magic Keyboard and other wired or Bluetooth keyboards on iPhone, iPad and Apple TV. Requires iOS 14 or later.
- Added support for Nimbus MFi controller.
Save Games and iCloud
- Save games are now automatically backed up every game-day, up to the 6 most recent days.
- Save games are also backed up when resolving an iCloud save game conflict, so that the alternative conflict resolution can be tried.
- To access and restore the backups, open the Load Game menu from the main menu, and click the history icon next to each save slot.
- Fixed multiple issues relating to save games being reset or losing progress after synchronising over iCloud.
- Added warning messages when save games can't be saved due to device storage exhausted.
- Deleting an object in build mode now displays a confirmation dialog (text is currently English only; translations coming soon!)
- Cancelling an action on a crafting station that's in progress now returns all the original items to you.
- Cooking ingredients can be substituted once purchased without requiring them to be crafted or caught first. Yes, this makes fish sticks even easier, if that's your game.
- Fixed Kim not providing any more animal fats and meat cuts after a number of animals have been sold.
- Fixed whirligigs immediately producing materials for some players, instead of going off to work, and sometimes not producing the correct number of materials.
- Spiles can be used on maple trees after they've healed from damage.
- Some previously-undiscoverable recipes are now discoverable in the mountain.
- People Pleaser achievement can now be achieved.
- Pinecones and Nigella will be more prevalent in the mountain.
- Peanut Brittle is correctly classified as a dessert, not a main. Take care of your health.
Relationships and Romance
- Turning down a romantic advance, or breaking up with a partner, permanently changes your relationship with that character to be platonic. This prevents future romantic advances and lets you fill up all the hearts in your journal.
- Fixed multiple issues relating to dating and marrying someone new after breaking up with a previous partner.
- The ambiguous “let's take things slow” option has been removed from romantic advances.
- Fixed romantic partners waiting to speak to you indefinitely after the epilogue.
- Amira will continue her coven duties even after marrying you.
- Fixed some cases where witches were disrobing when they should be robed, and vice-versa.
- Players who had previously accidentally deleted their cauldron before obtaining the ability to craft a replacement will now be granted the Cauldron blueprint when they upgrade to this version.
- Fixed issues with “At the Break-in Point” not working for some players.
- Fixed Versorium cannot be picked up while Summon Small Things is active.
- Fixed Violet being non-interactive near Gloria for some players.
- Fixed Raven disrobing when loading a save game during the final showdown.
- Fixed some characters disappearing for some players during “Locket Up”.
- “Seton's Secrets” task will now be possible during “The Unjolly Rancher”, even if “We Make a Great Pair-ogi” was not completed. Yep, this was fixed in the last version too, but now it's really really fixed.
- Cinnamon is now available in all seasons, making Malasada possible to cook.
Released: February 25, 2022
- If the player gets stuck (e.g., behind the toolshed, in a bush, etc), then reloading the game will teleport them to a safe location.
- We will continue to fix the instances to prevent the player from getting stuck in the first place in future updates!
- Crafting stations in the toolshed and distillery can no longer be destroyed while they are crafting something.
- The cauldron cannot be destroyed until the player has the ability to create new cauldrons.
- If you've already destroyed your cauldron, please reach out to customer support to receieve a new one by using the “Request Support” button in the settings menu.
- We have cleaned up all the kitty bowls that may have been left lying around.
- Placing wolfsbane flowers in the vase is no longer a horror show.
- It's no longer possible to sell stones to Natalia before you've repaired the mine.
- On upgrade, players who have already sold stones before repairing the mine will be gifted some stones to make up for the loss.
- It's no longer possible to sell the cornbread that Hazel gives you to give to Thomas.
- Hazel's gifting introduction no longer crashes when playing in Italian.
- “Only Have Fries For You” task is removed from journal if it was not completed in Spring.
- “We Make a Great Pair-ogi” task is removed from journal if it was not completed in Spring.
- Tasks relating to Hazel that were incomplete at the end of Spring are removed from the journal.
- “For Crying Drought Loud” final task to talk to two people can now be satisfied.
- Buying a chick from Marty is no longer possible at the Summer Festival.
- Turning down making cufflinks for Francis no longer prevents the wedding from going ahead.
- “Season's Greetings”: Lina's response is fixed if the player has the incantation but is missing Spirit Flame.
- Kai will sell mulberry tree seeds and silkworms while “Oh, Chute” task is in progress.
- “Seton's Secrets” task will now be possible during “The Unjolly Rancher”, even if “We Make a Great Pair-ogi” was not completed.
- Proposal to Kai is fixed.
- “A Blanket Statement” meeting in the woods is fixed.
- Aryel will now sell his hair as soon as he gives you the first sample, so you can get a refill if needed.
- “You're a Catch” will now trigger as intended.
- Marriage to Damon after the epilogue no longer results in a wedding groundhog day.
Released: February 19, 2022
- Player no longer falls through the dock next to Bruno's boat into the water.
- On upgrade, all players who are in the Town will be teleported to a safe location.